Aston Brooke is a specialist in delivering legal advice to the UK health and social care sector, and represents a wide range of care home groups, proprietors and managers as well as industry bodies, staff and residents.
Care Home Legal Advice
Aston Brooke can assist care homes with all of the following:
- Applications or registration with the Care Quality Commission (CQC):
- Including review of the statement of purpose, and the whole application before submission
- Challenges against the CQC where they have acted unfairly or have failed to comply with their own guidance
- Challenges to regulation inspection reports
- Guidance on how to best engage with the CQC
- Support strategies to improve your overall standards
- Challenge warning notices and fixed penalty notices
- Oppose notices of cancellation
- Challenging regulator prosecutions
- Handling inquests – which includes:
- securing interested person status
- obtaining disclosures
- advising on evidence
- making legal representations to the coroner
Also, if you’re due an inspection by a Care Quality Commissioner, our CQC lawyers can help. We’ll provide you with advice on how best to deal with inspections, informing you of the current limitations and powers of CQC.
Care home solicitors for Staff & Residents
We can also assist care homes, their staff and residents with any of the following:
- Buying or selling care homes including conveyancing
- Employment issues and tribunals
- Immigration issues for staff
- Disputes and litigation
- Negligence claims
Aston Brooke attend a wide range of events in the sector and are happy to arrange meetings with attendees, visitors or exhibitors. For the full-list, please see our events page and contact us to co-ordinate a meeting.
Further, as a supplier of legal services to the sector Aston Brooke is proud to be listed on:
Aston Brooke are proud to be an offcial sponsor of the Caring UK Awards 2017:
For further information or a free consultation, please contact us on 0203 475 4321 or click on the quick contact link above.